The Secretariat for the Caribbean Farmers Network is the Eastern Caribbean Trading Agriculture and Development Organisation (ECTAD), located in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
ECTAD is a nonprofit, non-governmental farmer base rural development organisation launched and registered in 1995. Its Mission is to improve the quality of life for rural farm families throughout St. Vincent and the Grenadines and the Caribbean. ECTAD has over 60 volunteer coordinators and over 1000 members/project participants covering over 18 villages.
Main Fields of Activities
- Production Planning,
- Group Leadership and Development
- Good Agriculture Practices
- Marketing (Local and Overseas),
- Information and Communication (e.g.Manuals and Newsletters)
- Technical Support for local cooperation and regional integration of farmers’ groups.
- Youth and Women Development
General rural development (village clean-ups, disaster preparation, HIV awareness activities etc).
These activities are carried out by village groups based on their needs.